Honouring Childhood Memories at Yiayia’s House
Thermomix Vanilla Submarine – Greek Banilla
This white spoon sweet is called a vanilla submarine because you serve it ‘under water’. When making Greek coffee, it is tradition to also serve a glass of water and a spoonful of vanilla. The sweetness from the vanilla balances out the bitterness from the coffee.
As children we can vividly remember yiayia pulling out her jar of white vanilla from the fridge. We were too young to drink coffee but were allowed to have a glass of water and the spoonful of white vanilla. We would put the spoon in our mouth and suck on it for ages.
The recipe for vanilla is exclusively featured in our cookbook MEZZE. For that reason, the quantities and steps are not listed in this blog post. However we have provided a list of ingredients to help you with your shopping list and meal planning (especially helpful if you use the paprika recipe app) and also some Thermomix cooking tips.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- vanilla powder
THERMOMIX COOKING TIPS
- Serve with Greek coffee.
- Authentic mastiha is produced on the Greek Island of Chios. It is usually available to purchase from European delis.
Here are some more photos that we captured on the day of our cookbook photoshoot:
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Over 50 Free Thermomix For You To Try – Download The Recipe Cards
- Thermomix Quince Spoon Sweet Kydoni Gliko
- 25 Sweet Thermomix Recipes To Make For A School Fete or Cake Stall
- Thermomix Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe
- Pasteli Greek Honey, Nut and Sesame Bars Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Risogalo Greek Rice Pudding Recipe For Your Thermomix