- 480g macadamia nuts, whole, raw
- 250g rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Add macadamia nuts (480g) and rice malt syrup (250g) and salt (1 tbsp) to the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds/reverse/speed 1.
- Spread the macadamia nuts over the lined baking tray in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Use a spoon to mix the nuts to turn them over. Roast for another 1 minute until golden brown. The nuts will roast really quickly towards the end. Watch the nuts and remove them from the oven when you think they are ready to ensure that you do not burn them.
- Add 2-3 drops of doTERRA essential oils to the nuts for flavour. Try cinnamon oil, pink pepper or black pepper.
- This recipe was inspired by Quirky Jo's Sweet n Salty Macadamia Nut recipe however we have made a few variations to suit our preferred taste and preparation method.