Honouring Toula Mavris
Thermomix Dolmades Vine Leaf Wraps
My husband’s yiayia, Barbara taught me how to make these dolmades. She grows her own vine leaves in the garden and when they are in season, she will freeze batches of the leaves so that we can have them all year round. Essentially you can stuff the vine leaves with anything you like.
The full recipe for dolmades is exclusively featured in our cookbook MEZZE. For that reason, the quantities and steps are not listed in this blog post. However we have provided a list of ingredients to help you with your shopping list and meal planning (especially helpful if you use the paprika recipe app) and also some Thermomix cooking tips.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- vine leaves (fresh is best!)
- beef mince
- salt and pepper
- brown onion
- spring onions
- arborio rice
- white vinegar
- olive oil
- lemon juice
THERMOMIX COOKING TIPS
- To make vegetarian dolmades, just use a mixture of rice and vegetables.
- Mince your own beef using a Thermomix
- Fresh grape vine leaves are preferred when making dolmades. However they can be purchased from a local continental deli in a jar or from a tin.
- Cabbage or spinach leaves can be used as an alternative.
- Essentially you can stuff dolmades with anything. Use a mixture of meat, rice and vegetables. Flavour with herbs and a bit of salt and pepper!
Here are some more photos that we captured on the day of our cookbook photoshoot:
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Over 50 Free Thermomix For You To Try – Download The Recipe Cards
- How To Peel Garlic With Your Thermomix
- Delicious Dip Recipes To Make In Your Thermomix
- Tiropita Greek Cheese Pastry – Thermomix Recipe
- 7 Greek Cheese Recipes For Your Thermomix
- Taramasalata Greek Fish Roe Dip Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Psomi Everyday Bread Recipe For Your Thermomix