Honouring Yiayia Barbara Tzaneros and Thea Dianne Tapinos
Thermomix Cheese Pie Tiropita Pita
Yiayia Barbara’s tiropita pita is a secret family recipe. People always talk about it and make a comment after tasting it for the first time because it is amazing. It has a beautiful bubbly texture on the inside and looks different to normal cheese pie. Anyone who tries to replicate the dish, usually fails because they don’t know the secret ingredient!
The full recipe for cheese pie is exclusively featured in our cookbook MEZZE. For that reason, the quantities and steps are not listed in this blog post. However we have provided a list of ingredients to help you with your shopping list and meal planning (especially helpful if you use the paprika recipe app) and also some Thermomix cooking tips.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- filo pastry
- pure cream
- secret ingredient
THERMOMIX COOKING TIPS
- Grate all the cheese the night before. Place in a bowl and keep covered until ready to use. This will give the cheese time to dry out and save time when baking the pie.
Here are some more photos that we captured on the day of our cookbook photoshoot:
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Over 50 Free Thermomix For You To Try – Download The Recipe Cards
- How To Peel Garlic With Your Thermomix
- Delicious Dip Recipes To Make In Your Thermomix
- Tiropita Greek Cheese Pastry – Thermomix Recipe
- 7 Greek Cheese Recipes For Your Thermomix
- Taramasalata Greek Fish Roe Dip Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Psomi Everyday Bread Recipe For Your Thermomix