Essential oils are powerful tools to help support you and your children to sleep. When you find the oil or blend that you like you can transform your sleep patterns to be deep and restful. Here I share with infant and toddler sleep consultant, Hannah Thompson from Little Bear Sleep some of my top dōTERRA essential oils that we like to use to help support our family to sleep well.
- the ultimate sleep blend
- helps relax and unwind the children
- add it to a bath, diffuse it, add a drop next to the pillow, spray the sheets with it or massage the feet with some fractionated coconut oil
- helps relax the body and prepare it for a deep sleep
- diffuse in dōTERRA lumo diffuser for early rises to help them stay in a deep sleep for longer
- experiment to see which oil works for each of your individual children
- most people like lavender or lavender peace
- what their bodies are needing will be different and may also change over time
- the chemistry of the oil will give the body what it needs and thus determining the results you get
- if it doesn’t work, try something else
One other reason to add this oil to the list is because of its benefits on supporting the ears. Never drop essential oils into the ears but if you have a child that has ear discomfort then you could try rub a diluted drop around the ear to help ease the pain and allow them to drift back off into a relaxed sleep.
- add 6 drops of roman chamomile into a cup of Epsom salts, add to a warm bath and let the children play for at least 20 minutes to relax and prepare their body for sleep
- perfect for restlessness and anxious feelings
- works for adults too
- really good oil for teething pain as well. Dilute 1 drop in a carrier oil and rub a little on their jaw line.
- for extra sleep support add a drop of vetiver to their big toe and massage it in
- ultimate knock out sleep oil
- very earthy oil as it comes from the roots of the plant
- blend it with lavender and bergamot as well if it is too overpowering
You’ve probably heard the saying, “when in doubt, Frankincense”? Well, there’s your answer! If you’re not sure then just add Frankincense. It’s the kind of oil that will help calm and shut down the mind. Add it to the diffuser or rub it onto the body, spine or feet.
Essential Oils to help settle a child after a nightmare:
- extremely calming oil
- dilute and add to wrists or feet, when you sleep, you will be able to smell the aroma
- promotes relaxation
- useful to use when a child wakes from a nightmare
- helps them feel peaceful and settled
- will ultimately create an emotional balance to the mind and body
- add to a diffuser for night terrors or nightmares
- for sweet sleep try adding 2 drops bergamot, 2 drops juniper berry, 2 drops vetiver
- digestive issues and ability to digest can affect our patterns of sleep
- if your body is working hard to digest foods, this can also induce the occurrence of nightmares and terrors, use DigestZen diluted on the stomach nightly to help soothe the tummy
Please note: I use and recommend dōTERRA essential oils for their purity and quality. To get started with essential oils, please send me a message. If you already know what you want please use this link. Please go back to that person who introduced you to the oils if you were sent this link.
Shop Essential Oils https://www.mydoterra.com/fayi/#/