If you're looking for a really easy Thermomix cupcake recipe then this is just for you! These are soft, fluffy and really the perfect texture. Bonus points that it's such a quick recipe too. Get ready for this melt in your mouth cupcake.
This recipe is usually my go to birthday party or take to my kids school or kindy recipe. Maybe because I'm a bit more short on time these days and these just get the job done but still taste great! I definitely use to spend a lot more time decorating them when I didn't have kids but who's got time for that right?! I must admit I did secretly love putting so much love into the decorating. My mind would really get lost in the process, it was like my own little mediation session. Might have to show you some tips and tricks on the decorating side another day.
For today I bring you the vanilla cupcake recipe and a few tips on changing them up for every occasion. If you want chocolate cupcakes, change the vanilla for some cocoa. Try decorating them with some basic buttercream. You can always add a food colouring if you prefer a coloured cupcake. Even try adding some chocolate chips or dried fruit and nuts if you like.
You can half the recipe if you don't need so many but the big batch is great for a party or feeding a crowd.
- 250g butter, roughly chopped
- 440g white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 430g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 250g milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Grease 10 inch (25cm) cake tin.
- Beat butter (250g) and sugar (440g)together 1 minute/speed 5.
- Add eggs (4) and vanilla (4 tsp) and beat for 30 seconds/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides. Add flour (430g), baking powder (4 tsp) and milk (250g) and mix 30 seconds/speed 6.
- Scrape down sides and blend for another 10 seconds/speed 6.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to completely cool before decorating with a beautiful buttercream frosting or a basic buttercream.