Lamb shank in your Thermomix
Slow Cooked Lamb Shank Thermomix Recipe
- 6 large lamb shanks
- 50g olive oil/butter
- 150g or 1 large brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 100g or 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste – try making your own!
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs Fayi Hot Chilli Sauce
- 30g of honey or sugar (optional or to taste)
- 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 50g water
- Pre-heat oven to 120 degrees.
- Place onion (150g), garlic (2), carrots (100g) and zucchini (1) into the bowl and chop for 15 seconds/speed 4.
- Scrape down sides. Add olive oil (50g) and sauté for 5 mins/100 degrees/reverse/slowest speed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients excepted the lamb shanks to the bowl: tomato paste (2 tbs), cinnamon (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), hot chilli sauce (2 tbs), honey (30g), diced tomatoes (400g) and water (50g).
- Blend for 15 seconds/reverse/speed 3.
- Arrange the lamb shanks in a cooking dish. Pour the prepared sauce on top and seal the tray with aluminium foil.
- Place into the oven for around 4 hours depending how large your lamb shanks are.
- If your lamb shanks are small you can also steam them in the steaming dish. Add 1000g more water to the sauce and cook 90 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 2. Turn the shanks over, fill with 500g more water if needed and continue to steam 90 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 2. Check to see if its cooked to your preference. Otherwise continue to cook until the meat comes away from the bone.
- To hide the veggies a bit more, chop them using speed 5 at step 2.
- Serve with a side of rice or add some pasta. Or add some rissoni or veggies to the pan in the last hour or half an hour depending on the type you are using.
- Make your own tomato paste using this recipe: Fayi Tomato Paste Recipe
- Make your own chilli sauce with this recipe: Fayi Hot Chilli Sauce Recipe
- Peel garlic with this trick: How To Peel Garlic In Your Thermomix