Cleaning your dishwasher naturally without chemicals is actually really easy. A bit of vinegar and baking soda is your perfect solution. No need to add nasty chemicals to your dishwasher to leave a film that will then attach to your dishes that you then eat off!
You put your dirty dishes in to get them clean but when was the last time you cleaned your dishwasher? What are you using to get it clean? Have you ever actually read the packet of those little cleaning bottles you are putting into your dishwasher? Most are just a chemical bomb you're about to explode all over the interior of your dishwasher.
What do you use to clean your dishwasher?
First, start off with an empty dishwasher. Grab 2 bowls, add vinegar in one and bicarb soda in the other. You can add an essential oil to the bicarb soda for extra grease fighting. Put the bowls on the top shelf and turn the dishwasher on the highest temperature with the most intense cycle it has. Simple. Do this at least once a month to keep it looking fresh and clean.
5 Tips For A Deeper Clean
If you want to give it a bit more of a deep clean here’s a few more tips:
- Add an essential oil to the baking soda to add a refreshing scent that will also help combat the bacteria and build up. I like using lemon, onguard or smart and sassy.
- Add a cup of baking soda to the bottom of the dishwasher as well. This will help break down the grease and grime.
- Use the toilet bombs instead of the bowls above. They are made up of the same thing to combat the grind but not just for the toilet!
- Check the racks for any debris and give them a clean with a sponge if needed.
- Clean the drain strainers with a soft bristle brush.
These simple steps will have your dishwasher keeping fresh and clean for you to use. No more nasty chemicals needed to keeping it smelling fresh. I'd love to hear how you keep yours fresh! Leave me a comment below.
This post contains links to products I use. They are affiliated links which does not mean it will cost you any extra. However, if you do choose to purchase through the link it helps to keep the content on this website free. I really appreciate your support!