Thermomix Pumpkin Soup
Click Here to Download This Recipe Card To Print or Save >>
The pumpkin soup recipe in your Thermomix Basic Cookbook and Everyday Cookbook is a great recipe to follow.
However we personally prefer our pumpkin soup to be thicker and sweeter. So we have tweaked the recipe a little bit and shared our variation.
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g olive oil or butter
- 120g carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 150g sweet potato
- 620g pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500g water
- 1 tbs chicken stock paste
- Chop onion (1) and garlic (4) 3 seconds/speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides. Add olive oil (20g) and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add carrots (120g), sweet potato (150g) and pumpkin (620g) and chop for 15 seconds/speed 7.
- Scrape down sides, and then add water (500g) and stock paste (1 tbs). Cook for 20 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Once cooked, blend the soup for 30 seconds. Start on speed 4 and gradually increase to speed 9. Serve the soup immediately or allow it to cool and then freeze for later.
- This recipe is a variation to the Thermomix Pumpkin Soup found in the Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook. We prefer to eat our soup nice and thick and with a sweet taste.
- To make the soup “creamy” add some coconut milk at the end before blending.
- Use vegetable stock paste to make this recipe vegan.
- Use olive oil to make this recipe dairy free.