Chrystalla's little boy Ari loves all superheros and he wanted an Avenger's themed birthday party this year. This was his birthday cake. It is a sponge cake base with red basic buttercream over the top and an Avengers eatable cake topper for decoration.
- 250g butter, roughly chopped
- 440g white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 430g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 250g milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Grease 10 inch (25cm) cake tin.
- Beat butter (250g) and sugar (440g)together 1 minute/speed 5.
- Add eggs (4) and vanilla (4 tsp) and beat for 30 seconds/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides. Add flour (430g), baking powder (4 tsp) and milk (250g) and mix 30 seconds/speed 6.
- Scrape down sides and blend for another 10 seconds/speed 6.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to completely cool before decorating with a beautiful buttercream frosting or a basic buttercream.