I whipped up this super quick chicken and vegetable soup tonight and the kids loved it! Got a “yum” from both kids…. yay!
- 1cm ginger, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 10g flat leaf parley, fresh
- 100g carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100g celery, roughly chopped
- 100g button mushrooms
- 100g brown onion, peeled and halved
- 35g olive oil
- 1000g water
- 2 tbs vegetable or chicken stock paste
- 50g tamari
- 25g worsetershire sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce, or to taste
- 500g chicken, cut into pieces
- 150g corn kernels, either frozen or fresh
- 150g frozen pea
- Add ginger (1) and garlic (1) to the bowl and chop for 2 seconds/speed 7.
- Without scrapping the sides, add all the herbs and vegetables: parsley (10g), carrot (100g), celery (100g), mushroom (100g) and onion (100g).
- Chop 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides and add oil (35g). Cook for 2 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1.
- Add to the bowl: water (1000g), stock paste (2 tbs), tamarin (50g), Worcestershire sauce (25g), chilli sauce (1 tsp), chicken (500g). Cook 10 mins/100 degrees/ reverse/speed 1.
- Add the corn (150g) and peas (150g) and cook 5 mins/100 degrees/ reverse/speed 1.
- Serve the soup in a bowl with fresh bread.
- Make your own chili sauce with the recipe on the Fayi blog.
- Bake fresh bread using the recipe in the Mezze Cookbook.
- If you have children who don’t like to see vegetables in their soup, blend on speed 6 to chop finely.
- A 2.2 litre bowl is required for this recipe. If using a smaller bowl, reduce the amount of water and chicken. Do not overfill your bowl and follow instruction manual for your machine. Read more here: What you need to know about our Thermomix recipes.