Psarosoupa Greek Fish Soup Recipe For Your Thermomix
It's winter for us here in Australia and the cold weather calls for a warming soupa…
The Psarosoupa is a Fish Soup recipe that you can make in your Thermomix. It is similar to avgolemeno but made with fish instead of chicken.
If you decide to make this recipe, then please send us your feedback by posting a photo or comment in our private Facebook group or by leaving a review on the Fayi blog here: Psarosoupa Fish Soup Recipe For Your Thermomix.
- 2 eggs
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 40g olive oil
- 500g white fish fillets
- 150g medium grain rice
- 1500g water
- 100g lemon juice freshly squeezed from about 2 lemons
- 2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- a mix of vegetables, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces. We like to use 2 carrot, 2 celery sticks and 3 potatoes
- Attached the butterfly and beat eggs (2) for 1 minute/speed 4.
- Pour egg mixture into a seperate bowl and then rinse the mixing bowl. Remove the butterfly.
- Add onion (1) and chop for 3 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add olive oil (40g) saute 3 minutes/100 degrees/ speed 1.
- Attach the butterfly and then add medium grain rice (50g) and water (1500g).
- Cook for 15 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/lowest speed.
- Place the prepared vegetables into the large steaming dish. Position the steaming dish on top of the mixing bowl and the fish (500g) onto the steaming tray. Position the steaming lid on top and then cook for 15 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/lowest speed. Ensure the fish is cooked through. Then set the steaming dish aside.
- Add to the bowl: lemon juice (100g), salt (2 tsp) and pepper to taste.
- Allow the soup to cool before adding the egg otherwise it might curdle. Carefully remove the butterfly. Set blades on reverse/speed 3 and pour egg mixture through mc hole. Slightly lift the MC when needed to avoid splashes.
- Taste the soup and add more salt or lemon to taste. Serve the soup with the vegetables and fish mixed through.
- This soup is similar to Avgolemono Greek Egg & Lemon Soup which is featured in the Easter Collection Ebook
- Watch the video on the Fayi blog to learn how to attach the butterfly correctly: How To Attach The Butterfly Whisk To Your Thermomix