The Merry Maker Sister’s Emma and Carla share delicious, healthy recipes on the Get Merry Recipe App. We particularly love the Simple Slow Cooked Beef Stew.
Traditionally this recipe is cooked in a slow cooker for about 8 hours, however we have converted the recipe so that it can be made in a Thermomix in under 25 minutes.
RECIPE: Merry Maker Sister’s Simple Beef Stew
We Converted This Recipe From: The Merry Maker Sister’s Recipe App
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 500g casserole beef, cubed
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 200g or 2 white potato peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 100g or 2 carrots peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 185g of water or stock or bone broth
- 1 tablespoon of stock paste
- 30g tomato paste – make your own with this recipe
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20g oil – optional, use if sautéing the onion
- Chop the garlic (1) and onion (1) for 3 seconds/speed 7.
- Add all other ingredients to bowl and cook for 20 minutes/reverse/100 degrees/slowest speed.
Yes, it’s that simple, easy peasy!
If you have time, add some oil (20g) after chopping the onion and cook 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1. Add the beef and cook a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/slowest speed. This will enhance the flavour, however it’s not necessary and we actually never do it. HAHA!