We personally don't celebrate Halloween however we recently converted a really delicious family recipe and thought that it would be a perfect Halloween treat.
The recipe comes from Thea Maro, Chrystalla's aunty who lives in Cyprus. She usually makes this recipe as a dessert sweet and not necessarily a Halloween treat. That means that you can make these potion pots anytime throughout the year!
Lemon & Peach Potion Pots
This dessert can taste really sweet but it also tastes sour. It is similar to a jelly, similar to a custard and also similar to a mousse. They colour is bright yellow and the texture is gooey. You can serve this sweet in a jelly cup or have some fun decorating it.
- 170g or 2 packets of lemon flavoured jelly crystals
- 500g boiling water
- 825g peaches in syrup
- 250g thick pot set Greek yoghurt
- 50g icing sugar
- In a seperate bowl, mix the lemon jelly crystals (170g) and boiling water (500g) together with a spoon until the crystals have dissolved. Set aside.
- Add canned peaches and syrup (825g) to the bowl and blend 30 seconds/speed 8.
- Add yoghurt (250g) and icing sugar (50g) and blend 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the jelly mixture and blend again 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Pour the lemon and peach potion into a setting container. This can be a large jelly dish, small cups, individual pots or something similar. Refrigerate the potion pots for at least 4 hours or until they have set.
- Serve with a spoon and enjoy.
- It is best to leave the potion to set in the fridge overnight.
- Decorate the potion pots with liquorice or candy of choice for Halloween.
- Serve the potion in small pots or in cups as you would normally do for jelly or custard.
- Make your own thick pot set Greek yoghurt with the recipe from the MEZZE cookbook.
Here are some Halloween themed decorating ideas:
1.Pour the potion in to black cups so they look like witches pots.
2. Add plastic toys such as spiders and bugs on top.
3. Decorate the potion pots with different types of candy such as marshmallows, black cats, liquorice and other eatable decorations.