I will often make this dairy free Thermomix banana smoothie for breakfast.
In the mornings sometimes I just don’t have the time, focus, energy to deal with brekkie. Especially on the days that I’m trying to get the kids somewhere and it’s all just too much to deal with. However, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day! So I don’t like to miss out. Plus, I do like to take vitamins to support my body so I have to eat…
This is my “go to” breakfast. It is a very quick, easy and nutritious smoothie that I often make on those “crazy” mornings. My husband doesn't like how thick this smoothie recipe is, so for him I add a bit more water to thin it out.
Please let us know if you try the recipe.
We love to hear your feedback.
Chrystalla & Sia
- 130g or 1 large banana, peeled and broken in half
- 50g or a handful of raw cashews
- 100g ice
- 150g water or use more for a thinner consistency – try 250g
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon plus more to garnish, optional
- 20g maple syrup, optional or to taste
- Add all smoothie ingredients to the bowl: banana (1), cashews (50g), ice (100g), water (150g), vanilla paste (1tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp) and maple syrup (20g).
- Gradually increase to speed 9 and blend for 1 minute/speed 9.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall serving glass and sprinkle with cinnamon on top, if using. Or use a protein shaker to drink on the go.
- This smoothie recipe is very thick. For a thinner consistency, simply add more water.
- Double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch of smoothies for your family or friends.
- Try adding strawberries, other fruit varieties, peanut butter, coffee or cacao powder.
- Add a scoop of protein powder to make this a banana flavoured protein shake.