Creamy garlic prawns is really easy to make and it is a great dish to serve the family for dinner. The prawns can be eaten on their own or served with your favourite style of pasta or rice. You can also use coconut milk for a dairy free alternative.
CREAMY GARLIC PRAWNS
- 180g or 1 large brown onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 30g butter, roughly chopped
- 20g olive oil
- 400g pure cream
- 1 tbs vegetable stock paste
- 500g prawns, raw & peeled
- Place onion (180g) and garlic (4) in the bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides. Add butter (30g) and oil (20g) and saute for 6 minutes/ varoma/reverse/lowest speed.
- Add cream (400g) and vegetable stock paste (1 tbs) and cook for 3 minutes/ varoma/reverse/lowest speed.
- Add prawns and cook for 5 minutes/ varoma/reverse/lowest speed or until the prawns are cooked.
- Serve creamy garlic prawns with rice or pasta.
- Cook rice or pasta in your thermal dish.
- Frozen prawns can be used in this recipe.
- Use coconut cream instead of pure cream to make this recipe dairy free.
- Peel garlic cloves with your thermal cooker.
THERMOMIX RECIPE COMMUNITY
This recipe is also on the Thermomix recipe community. If you enjoy this recipe, please leave us a review: Creamy Garlic Prawns on the Thermomix Recipe Community