Have you ever tried to make a Creamy Chicken Curry in your Thermomix. This is not a traditional curry I am talking about but one that is light, creamy, with a hint of coconut flavour. I like to serve mine over zoodles or cabbage that has been thinly sliced like noodles but you can choose to serve it over rice.
This recipe has been converted in collaboration with Dr Sandra Cabot the liver Doctor. It is here to help inspire you to a pre detox before you detox!
To help you recreate the dish I also share a step by step video so you cannot go wrong! Be sure to let me know what you think of it and let me know how you like to serve yours up.
Creamy Chicken Curry
150g or 1 large onion, peeled and halved
1 garlic, peeled
35g or 15cm ginger, peeled and halved
45g cold pressed olive oil
1000g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 5cm pieces
10g or 2 tbsp ground cumin
5g or 1 tbsp garam masala
5g or 1 tbsp curry powder or more depending on preferred flavour
2 pinches of stevia
1 tsp salt
100g natural unsweetened yoghurt and extra to serve
25g chicken stock or 1 tbsp chicken stock paste
100g coconut cream, unsweetened
10g or 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Add onion (150g), garlic (1) and ginger (35g) to bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
2. Add oil (45g) to bowl and sauté 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
3. Add chicken thighs (1000g), cumin (10g), garam masala (5g), curry powder (5g) and stevia (2 pinches) to bowl. Cook 10 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/slowest speed.
4. Scrape down the sides.
5. Add the following ingredients: chicken stock (25g), coconut cream (100g), lemon juice (10g) and cook 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/ speed1/NO MC.
6. Add the yoghurt (100g) and cook 5 minutes/90 degrees/reverse/ speed1/NO MC.
7. Serve with a salad and dollop of extra yoghurt on top.
The Ultimate Detox (Ebook)
The Ultimate Detox Converted For Your Thermo Mixer is an eBook developed in collaboration with Dr Sandra Cabot and contains over 50 healthy and delicious recipes. Purchase this product to receive the PDF ebook (instant download), special bonus meal plans to support your through the detox and a discount code for Dr Cabot Detox products.