This grain free Chicken Schnitzel recipe for your Thermomix is a must try. First, start off by making your own buckwheat flour. This is quick, easy and really only takes a minute. Then use it with the other ingredients to create a delicious coating for your chicken.
Make sure to check out the step by step video below that will help you recreate this dish. I like to make the coating ahead of time and keep it in the pantry for when needed. You could also coat the chicken and store it in the fridge or freezer for a quick dinner. The chicken can be baked in an oven or even cooked in the air fryer.
The texture of the coating can be made thick or thin depending how you like it. If you prefer a thinner batter only do one coating. I prefer to double coat mine so I can taste all the herbs. You could also to choose to use almond flour instead of the buckwheat flour. I prefer to cook this method in the oven as it brown a lot faster in the air fryer. Both are delicious. Make sure you use a little less salt if using almond flour as it seems to over power the dish. Now, go give it a go and let me know how you think! Thanks for sharing your photos in the FAYI Facebook group!
Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
2 chicken breasts, cut in half
80g buckwheat flour or almond meal, try making your own
3-4 tsp garam masala
2 tsp paprika
1-2 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp olive oil
2 small sweet potato sliced 1 cm thick
10 brussels sprouts, cut in half
1. If making your own buckwheat flour or almond meal, do this first. Set aside until needed.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Line or grease a baking tray.
3. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken breast, until it is about 1 cm in thickness.
4. Add the cashews (80g) to the bowl and mill 10 seconds/speed 9.
5. Scrape down the sides and add buckwheat flour or almond flour (80g), garam masala (3 tsp), paprika (2 tsp) and salt (1 tsp). Mix for 10 seconds/speed 4. Set aside on a separate plate for coating.
6. Crack eggs (2) into the bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 4. Set aside into a separate dish for coating.
7. Dip chicken in the egg mix. Then dip the chicken into the flour mix and coat evenly on both sides.
8. Repeat this by dipping the coated chicken in the egg again and then coat with more flour.
9. Transfer schnitzel to baking tray, with the brussels sprouts and sweet potato. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, stopping to flip half way through.
- Change the flavour by using your favourite herbs or spices such as oregano and/or garlic powder.
- Change the vegetables to your preference. Try pumpkin or carrot.
- Use a different cut of chicken if preferred.
- For a thinner coating, just dip the chicken in the egg and flour once.
- Batch prepare a larger amount the dry mix coating and store for when needed.
The Ultimate Detox (Ebook)
The Ultimate Detox Converted For Your Thermo Mixer is an eBook developed in collaboration with Dr Sandra Cabot and contains over 50 healthy and delicious recipes. Purchase this product to receive the PDF ebook (instant download), special bonus meal plans to support your through the detox and a discount code for Dr Cabot Detox products.