Thermomix Basil Pesto
My sister-in-law often teaches me about whole foods. She takes it to the next level. With just a few simple, fresh ingredients from the garden, she inspires me to create so many dishes. Pesto is one of her specialties and can be used in so many different ways. The list is endless! Here are just some suggestions for you to try.
- on roasted vegetables
- in wraps
- smeared on crispy skin salmon or white fish
- served as a dip with carrot or cucumber sticks
- with flaxseed crackers
- as a salad dressing
- with roasted pineapple, white wine and pistachios
The full basil pesto recipe is exclusively featured in the Salad Collection cookbook. For that reason, the quantities and steps are not listed in this blog post. However a list of ingredients is provided to help you with your shopping list and meal planning (especially helpful if you use the paprika recipe app) and also some tips.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- pine nuts
- celtic salt
- garlic clove
- basil leaves
- lemon juice
- Use cashews or macadamia nuts instead of pine nuts as an alternative
- For a creamy texture add half an avocado