What To Do With Lemon Curd
If you're asking yourself how to use up all that creamy lemon curd you have made in your Thermomix then look no further. Here's a list of ideas to help you. You might need another batch for all these lemon curd uses.
Lemon Curd Uses:
1. The most popular recipe would have to be lemon meringue pie with its flakey butter pastry, filled with lemon curd and topped with a thick and golden meringue. If you are a huge meringue fan then you will also have to check out this list of creative ideas for lemon meringue desserts.
2. Not a huge tart fan? Why not swap the base for a soft sponge cake. This delicate soft and fluffy cake will be livened up topped with the curd and meringue. You could even use the curd in the middle of two sponge cakes. Delicious.
3. Try making these biscuits and using the lemon curd instead of jam for a bit more zing to the flavour.
4. What better flavour combination would lemon curd have than with a cheesecake. Baked or not either version would work well together.
5. Why not use it in a lemon trifle? Just swap out the custard for the curd and you have another winning dessert to share with your guests.
6. Have you every tried it stirred into your favourite vanilla ice cream. Even add some fresh berries for good measure.
7. Lemon curd is the perfect topping on a pavlova. Add a little whipped cream and berries to make it a little more fancy.
8. Adding lemon curd to a tart shell with some berries may seem simple but its a true crowd pleaser too.
9. Try adding some to your morning waffles, crepes, pikletes or pancakes.
10. Don't forget you could always make mini tarts. They are a little more delicate but still extremely impressive in flavour.
11. Keeping it a little more simple by cutting up some fruit, topped with yoghurt and a spoonful of the lemon curd. Easy, filling and satisfying.
12. If all else fails, you can of course just eat it by the spoonful as well!
As you can see lemon curd has so many uses! Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you love to use yours in.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Creamy Lemon Curd Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Thermomix Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe
- Easy 6 Minute Dark Chocolate Dessert Recipe To Make In Your Thermomix
- Halva Fourno Greek Semolina Cake Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Creamy Garlic Prawns – Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Lamb and Vegetable Stew Recipe For Your Thermomix