We love fritters for lots of different reasons. They are great for the kids lunch box, perfect for the 3am breastfeeding snack or really good when you just need something quick and delicious to eat.
Zucchini & Potato Fritters
- 250g or 3 large potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 250g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 20g plain flour or gluten free flour
- 1 egg
- 5g or 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dried oregano (optional)
- oil for cooking
- Add potato (250g) and zucchini (250g) to the bowl and chop 2 seconds/speed 5. Check that the vegetables are finely chopped otherwise chop again for 2 seconds/speed 5.
- Tip the chopped vegetables into a nut milk bag or use the small simmering basket to strain. Squeeze liquid out.
- Place the vegetable mixture back into the bowl.
- Add flour (20g), egg (1) and salt (5g), pepper (to taste), oregano (½ tsp) and mix 5 seconds/reverse/speed 4.
- Add cooking oil to a fry pan and set on a high heat.
- Get a tablespoon of mixture and use hands to bring it together into a flat round. Gently place the round into the hot pan to fry.
- Fry for a couple minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add some feta or halloumi, cheese to the mixture.
- Use the leftover mixture to make a soft fluffy omelet or scrambled eggs. Without washing the bowl, add 2 eggs and blend 10 seconds/speed 5. Pour the egg mixture into hot pan and cook or steam the eggs in the varoma.