Warm Fennel & Orange Olives – Recipe For Your Thermomixer
Don’t underestimate this recipe… it’s not just olives.
The flavour is amazing and once your try one olive, you wont be able to stop eating them! Adding a few simple ingredients can really add life to your olives. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Use the hashtag #fayicookbook to share your cooking photos on social media.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp fennel seeds (optional) or ½ tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1 orange
- peel the skin with no white pith and keep the orange for a squeeze of fresh juice.
- 150g Kalamata olives
- 20g olive oil
- Add garlic (2), fennel (2 tsp) and 1 piece of orange skin to the bowl. Chop for 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Scrape down the sides. Add olives (150g), the rest of the orange peel (from 1 orange) and olive oil (20g). Cook for 3 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/slowest speed.
- Serve in bowl with a squeeze of orange juice on top.
- Save time by peeling garlic cloves in the thermo mixer. Here are the instructions: How To Peel Garlic in Your Thermo Mixer
- For a different flavour, add a drizzle balsamic vinegar reduction on top of the olives just before serving. We love this recipe from Super Kitchen Machine: Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
- For a spicy flavour, add chopped chilli at step 1. Use the chilli seeds for an extra hot spice or if preferred, deseed the chilli first.
- The olives taste delicious warm but they can also be refrigerated and eaten cold.
- The flavour of the olives will mature more and more the longer they are left to marinate in the fridge. Cover the olives with cling wrap or store them in an air tight container before refrigerating. Eat the olives cold or reheat them just before eating.
- The MEZZE cookbook features two delicious olive recipes including: Warm Kalamata Olives and Olive Dip.