Honouring Virginia Mavris
Thermomix Rice Pudding – Greek Rizogalo
My mum makes the best rizogalo. It is a recipe that her mother passed down to her and now she has passed it onto me. When rizogalo is made the traditional way in a saucepan over the stove, you have to stand there for an hour and stir the rice with a spoon so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom or burn. When I make it in my Thermomix, I can turn it on and walk away. It is so much easier and the recipe tastes exactly the same as my mum’s!
The recipe for rizogalo is exclusively featured in our cookbook MEZZE. For that reason, the quantities and steps are not listed in this blog post. However we have provided a list of ingredients to help you with your shopping list and meal planning (especially helpful if you use the paprika recipe app) and also some Thermomix cooking tips.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- vanilla extract
- filo pastry
- icing sugar
THERMOMIX COOKING TIPS
- Alter the recipe if you are not using a 2.2Ltr bowl. Instructions are provided in the Mezze book.
- To get a really creamy rizogalo, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the bowl before serving.
Here are some more photos that we captured on the day of our cookbook photoshoot:
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Over 50 Free Thermomix For You To Try – Download The Recipe Cards
- Thermomix Quince Spoon Sweet Kydoni Gliko
- 25 Sweet Thermomix Recipes To Make For A School Fete or Cake Stall
- Thermomix Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe
- Pasteli Greek Honey, Nut and Sesame Bars Recipe For Your Thermomix
- Risogalo Greek Rice Pudding Recipe For Your Thermomix