Steam Fish In Your Thermo Mixer
This Friday is a public holiday here in Australia, as we celebrate Catholic Easter.
It is an Aussie tradition to eat fish on Good Friday and we usually find ourselves with family and friends eating and drinking around the table or at the beach or the local park.
For us Greeks, this weekend will be a lovely break away from work, but it is not our Easter. We don’t actually celebrate Orthodox Easter until later in the year.
Having said that, it is still a tradition for Greek people to eat fish this Friday.March 25th is the Annunciation of the Theotokos. This is an Orthodox religious celebration and a special day during the fasting period when eating fish is allowed.
Will you be eating fish this Friday?
We have a great recipe for you to try…
- 4 pieces of lemon rind – dressing
- 4 garlic peeled – dressing
- 60g olive oil – dressing
- 60g lemon juice – dressing
- 1 tsp ground pepper – dressing
- 1 tsp salt – dressing
- 2 tsp dried oregano – dressing
- 500g white fish fillets
- 1L water
- ½ tsp salt
- 400g potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 500g Veggies of choice (cut up into bite size pieces)
- Make the dressing first. Add lemon rind to bowl and mill 30 seconds / speed 9.
- Add garlic to bowl and mill 3 seconds / speed 7.
- Scrape down sides then add all other dressing ingredients and mix 10 seconds / speed 5. Then scrape down the sides again.
- Line the steaming tray with baking paper, put the fish on the paper and pour ½ the marinade on top. Reserve the other half of the marinade in a small bowl.
- Without washing bowl, add the water to bowl and then put the small steaming basket in and fill with potatoes.
- Put lid on and add the large steaming dish on top. Fill the dish with your choice of vegetables (see notes for a time saving tip). Place the tray with fish on top of the steaming dish and then place the varoma lid on top of the tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes / steaming temperature / speed 4.
- Checked to see if fish and veggies are cooked. Set aside if they are. Also check to see if potatoes are soft. If not cook for another 10 minutes / steaming temperature / speed 4 or until cooked to your liking.
- Add salt to potatoes once cooked
- Serve everything onto a plate and drizzle with reserved dressing.