This is a guest recipe by Bianca from Wholefood Simply converted by Chrystalla & Sia from Fayi Cookbooks.
Wholefood Simply by Bianca
Bianca recently entered the MKR competition and we wanted to show her a bit of support by converting one of her recipes and sharing it with you.
Bianca writes beautiful quick recipes that are made from “wholefoods”. Her recipes aren’t Thermomix specific, but they are VERY easy to do in any blender. We asked Bianca if we could convert one of her delicious recipes and share it here on our blog… she said yes and then we had the very difficult task of deciding which recipe to choose.
Chrystalla selected the 5 ingredient Mud Cake recipe to convert because she said:
“I have a sweet tooth, so I couldn’t go past this decadant mud cake. Yum!”
We thought that you might like the recipe because it is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, made from dark chocolate and totally delicious.
If you do like this recipe, then can you please show your support by voting for Bianca on the MKR competition. More details below.
QUICK & EASY 5 INGREDIENT MUD CAKE
- 4 eggs
- 400 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken into pieces
- 200g full fat coconut milk
- 50g honey
- 200g almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 150°C or 300°F and grease and line a round 18cm cake tin.
- If making your own almond meal, do this first.
- In a clean bowl, beat the eggs (4) for 30 seconds/speed 6. Set aside then clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Add the chocolate (400g) to the bowl and mill 3 seconds/speed 9.
- Add the coconut milk (200g) and honey (50g) and combine for 4 minutes/50 degrees/speed 2.
- Add the almond meal (200g) and beaten eggs and mix 15 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat 15 seconds/speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared cake tin.
- Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool in the tin for 30 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
- If you are wanting to ice the cake the Nutella recipe works perfectly.
- Decorate the top of the cake with some berries and/or nuts like we did when we made it – instagram photo below:
We will be posting another guest recipe on the blog tomorrow… look out for this delicious 5 ingredient mud cake by Bianca from @wholefoodsimply – we have converted the recipe for thermomix and can't wait to share it with you 🙂 #thermomix #thermomixuk #thermomixau #thermomixaus #thermomixrecipe #thermomixchocolate #wholefoods #wholefoodsimply #wholefoodrecipes
MKR COMPETITION DETAILS
Bianca recently entered a competition with MKR and we want to support her!
The competition runs for 6 weeks and every week Bianca creates a new recipe in accordance with the challenge.
You can vote every week and with every vote you increase your chances at both the $20,000 and the weekly prizes.
The recipes are shared and the voting takes place on The Good Guys website. You will just need to scroll down the page and choose Bianca’s name from the drop down box.
So take a minute out of your day to vote for Bianca and get yourself in the draw for the $20,000.