Honouring Yiayia Angela Nicholaou & Thea Joan Nicholou
Koupes Savoury Meat Rolls Thermomix Recipe
These little rolls are a Cypriot delicacy. They take a few hours to prepare but we think they are totally worth the effort. Each roll needs to be made with love and care, especially during the stages of shaping and frying. The temperature of the oil needs to be exactly right or you may find the little meat roll that you just spent so long preparing will explode in the pan.
The full recipe for this recipe is exclusively featured in our cookbook MEZZE. For that reason, the quantities and steps are not listed in this blog post. However we have provided a list of ingredients to help you with your shopping list and meal planning (especially helpful if you use the paprika recipe app) and also some Thermomix cooking tips.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- fine ground wheat
- boiling water
- brown onions
- sunflower oil
- plain flour
- baking powder
- flat leaf parsley
- vegetable oil
- pork mince
- salt & pepper
THERMOMIX COOKING TIPS
- Dip your hands in cold water before shaping each roll.
- Shaping the rolls will take some practice.
- Sometimes Koupes are called Kofte, Kibe, Kibbeh, Kibbe or Kibbah…depending on the region.
Here are some more photos that we captured on the day of our cookbook photoshoot:
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Over 50 Free Thermomix For You To Try – Download The Recipe Cards
- How To Peel Garlic With Your Thermomix
- Delicious Dip Recipes To Make In Your Thermomix
- Thermomix Chicken Marinade for Souvlaki
- Thermomix Pork Marinade for Souvlaki
- Thermomix Souvlaki Pita Greek Style Flat Bread
- Tzatziki Greek Yoghurt and Cucumber Dip
- Thermomix Sheftalia Cypriot Meat Rolls