GREEK SAVOURY MUFFINS
A quick and easy muffin recipe made with all of our favourite ingredients including feta, spinach, olives and semi dried tomatoes. We hope you enjoy this recipe!!
- 150g feta, roughly chopped
- 100g semi dried tomatoes
- 30g baby spinach
- 50g red onion, about half an onion
- 150g bacon, roughly chopped
- 50g olive oil
- 350g self raising flour or gluten free self raising flour
- 250g milk or 125g Greek yoghurt and 125g milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g pitted Kalamata olives, optional
- Preheat oven to180 degrees, fan forced and line a muffin tray with papers or spray with oil.
- Add Feta (150g) to the bowl and grate 1 second/speed 8. Set aside.
- Add semi dried tomatoes (100g) and chop 1 second/speed 7. Set aside with the feta.
- Add red onion (50g) and chopped bacon (150g) to the bowl and chop for 1 second/speed 7. Scrape down the sides and chop again if needed 1 second/speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (50g) and cook 3 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC off.
- Add all remaining ingredients: self raising flour (350g) milk (250g) (or 125g greek yoghurt and 125g milk), salt (½ tsp), pepper (¼ tsp), eggs (2) and baking powder (1 tsp). Mix for 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4.
- Add spinach (30g) and the bowl of prepared feta and semi dried tomatoes. Mix 20 seconds/reverse/speed 5. Scrape and repeat if needed.
- Finally add the Kalamata olives (100g), if using and mix for 5 seconds/reverse/speed 4.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tray. Fill each muffin about ¾ full.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use gluten free flour to adapt this recipe as gluten free.
- Leave out the bacon to adapt this recipe as vegetarian.