We love to make these breakfast waffles for our kids because they are really yummy but also because they are a little bit healthier than a traditional recipe. The waffles are gluten free and dairy free, made with cashew milk.
- 75g raw cashew nuts
- 350g water
- 40g butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 300g self raising gluten free flour
- 20g sugar (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- Weigh in the cashew nuts (75g) and water (350g) and blend 1 minute/speed 9.
- Add butter (40g) and eggs (2) and mix 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Add all remaining ingredients: our (300g), sugar (20g), salt (pinch). Mix for 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides and repeat.
- Heat up a waffle iron and cook according to your waffle maker instructions. Spray the waffle iron with coconut oil and then add 1-2 tablespoons of mixture per side and spread it slightly. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream and maple syrup.
- If preferred, use a can of coconut milk or coconut cream instead of the cashews and water.
- Serve the waffles with your choice of ice cream. We love this cashew ice cream or this recipe for strawberry fluff on the Thermomix Recipe Community.