- 100g brown rice
- 100g cashews
- 300g ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 40g oil (coconut or macadamia)
- 45g honey
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 5g or 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Grease and loaf tin with oil spray or line with baking paper.
- Add rice (100g) to the bowl and mill 1 minute/speed 9.
- Add cashews (100g) and mill 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Add all other ingredients: bananas (300g), egg (1), oil (40g), honey (45g), coconut (25g), cinnamon (1tsp), a pinch of salt, bicarb soda (½ tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and vanilla extract (1 tsp). Mix for 15 seconds/speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for another 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a testing skewer comes out clean.
- Try adding chopped walnuts to the banana bread. Add a handful to the mixture at step 4 and/or sprinkle some nuts on top of the mixture before baking.