What does FAYI mean?
The word FAYI means food in the Greek language. It is also our business name. To us, Fayi symbolises all of the food that we like to eat. It includes the food that we grew up with as children and the food that we now feed our own children. Read more about it here.
Who are the authors of Fayi Cookbooks?
What is the title of your 1st cookbook?
How much does the book cost?
The pre-sale price of the book was $25. Now that the pre-sale phase is over, the price of the book retails for $35 + postage
When Will I Receive The Cookbook I Ordered?
835.We are extremely greatful to every single person who has supported us but we have a long way to go yet.
Why do you need to sell so many books?
1000 books will cover the initial set up cost of our business and pay for the books to be photographed, designed and printed. We are outlaying a lot of time, energy and money in to creating this book however we do not anticipate to make a profit. Any money raised from our first cookbook (above and beyond our 1000 goal) will help us to get a head start on our next book – Easter and Christmas recipes.
Are you making an e-book?
Yes. Definitely. It is getting designed right now.
When will the e-book be ready?
We hoped that the e-book would be ready by the end of this month – 31 May 2016. However we have had a few bumps in the road and need some more time. The new goal is end of June 2016. But don’t worry, we will send you some recipes during that time so you can start cooking.
Who will get a copy of the e-book?
Anyone who has purchased a copy of the cookbook or the e-book will receive the cookbook as a PDF downloadable file.
When will the extra bonus items be available?
Our current focus is to print the cookbook. As soon as the cookbook project is done we will start to develop the other bonus items such as:
- the meal planner
- shopping list
- instructional, step by step, videos
- membership to Fayi Cooking Club
We anticipate this to be ready by September 2016. Or sooner.
Will I get a refund if you don’t reach your goal?
No. Unfortunately we can not issue any refunds as the money raised has already been invested in to the development of the book.
Having said that, we are working really, really hard to create this book and we want to see it go to print. We will keep working until we reach our goal – it’s just a matter of time.
Will I get a refund for the shipping if the book is not printed?
No. As mentioned earlier, we can not issue any refunds as the money raised has already been invested in to the development of the book.
Is the book ready yet?
Not yet. However we have made a lot of progress. Here is a quick update on our achievements:
- We have developed more than 40 traditional recipes for the cookbook – our original plan was to create 25. However we have added an extra 18 recipes. You can see the full list here.
- The recipes have been tested over and over again by us but they are also being tested by our team. We have about 30 on our testing team. If you would like to be a recipe tester please let us know!
- Our photoshoot was an awesome success and we are super happy with the photos. They look great and we can’t wait to show you.
- The recipes and the photos are now with our graphic designer.
- As soon as the e-book design is finished, we will be editing. Please let us know if you would like to help us edit the book!
- The goal is to have the e-book ready by the end of this month.
What are you doing to promote your book?
We are working very hard to promote and sell our book. You can check out our MEDIA PAGE to see what we have done so far.