This delicious dessert is sort of fudgy and sort of moussy. So, we are calling it a “fudge mousse”. It only takes 6 minutes to make in your Thermomix so it is very quick and easy to make after dinner at night for the family or when you have guests over or when you just need something chocolate to eat!
But be warned… this chocolate mousse is very decadent as it has been made with dark chocolate. If you prefer a sweeter taste, try using milk chocolate or white chocolate! Yum. We love the walnut and dark chocolate combination however you can just use any nuts that you have on hand in your pantry – macadamia nuts are nice!
80g walnuts, plus extra for decoration
800g dark chocolate, broken in pieces
6 egg yolks
365g pure cream
1 tbs cocoa powder, optional
- Chop walnuts (80g) for about 2 seconds/speed 5. Set aside.
- Without washing bowl, add half the dark chocolate (400g) and chop 3 seconds/speed 9.
- Add remaining chocolate (400g) and chop again for 5 seconds/speed 9.
- Melt the chocolate for 3 minutes/50 degrees/speed 3.
- Scrape down sides and continue melting for another 2 minutes/50 degrees/speed 3 or until completely melted.
- Start mixing on speed 3 but with no heat. Add the egg yolks (6) through the MC hole. Stop mixing.
- Add the cream (365g) and blend 20 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides and repeat for another 20 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the chopped walnuts and mix 5 seconds/reverse/speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekins and sprinkle with cacao and/or extra walnuts.
- Try adding extra spices such as cinnamon, peppermint essential oil, lemon or orange zest.
- Make the fudge with your favourite nuts. Try macadamia or pecan nuts instead of the walnuts.
- For a more nutty, crunchy fudge, add the nuts in whole at the end rather than chopping them up at the start.