BASIC BUTTERCREAM – THERMOMIX RECIPE
You can find a recipe for basic buttercream in the Thermomix TM5 BCB Cookbook and on the chip. However the recipe in this blog post is a larger batch size. We have increased the quantities of the Thermomix recipe in this blog post so that we have enough buttercream to make larger cakes and larger quantities of cupcakes for our big fat Greek family celebrations.
- 200g sugar
- 500g soft butter, roughly chopped
- 100g milk – use more for a thinner consistency
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp liquid food colouring
- Add sugar (200g) to bowl and mill for 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Attach the butterfly to the blades and then add butter (500g), milk (100g), vanilla extract (2 tsp) and food colouring (if using). Blend 2 minutes/speed 4 or until colouring is evenly distributed throughout mixture.
- Use as needed.
- The quantity of liquid food colouring needed will depend on the colour you wish to achieve. We have used ½ tsp of Hopper’s natural red food colouring for the Avengers Birthday Cake featured in the photo above.
- Use this buttercream on top of any cake or cupcake. The recipe used for the Avengers Birthday Cake featured is a Sponge Cake. You could also try the Chocolate Buttermilk Cake.
- Avengers eatable cake topper decoration is from Kids Party Supplies.